“If you wish to persuade me, you must think my thoughts, feel my feelings, and speak my words.” –Cicero
Writing is not something you do in addition to selling. Writing is selling. Every letter that goes out over your name is a potential sales letter. Successful sales people are like hypnotists. They use the power of suggestion to persuade customers to buy.
I don’t believe that hypnotism exists, but I know that a sales message is more convincing when it speaks to our emotions—to our hopes and desires for a better life. Here are 5 ways to put the power of persuasion to work in all your sales copy:
- Deliver your message with conviction.
- When you explain the benefits of your product or service, use different languages to reach different types of customers.
- Establish and maintain rapport. Always be positive.
- Guide your customers’ thought processes. Anticipate objections.
- Use compelling stories to get your message across and convince customers.
Trackback from your site.