In the early days of HBHO life I was quite clueless about useful resources that could help me get to where I am today faster and with much less effort. I wish I had this knowledge sooner. My own experience inspired me to create this page to spare you some hiccups on your own online journey and help you speed up the learning curve. We are constantly updating the list, so make sure you bookmark this page and come back often.
- Namecheap – they are our primary go-to domain registrar. It’s affordable and easy to use. They run monthly specials and coupon discounts, so watch out for Namecheap alerts from us.
- Hostgator – The majority of our websites are hosted on Hostgator. We love the fact that they are a Green Hosting company! Very affordable, easy to use, offers simple WordPress install and exceptional customer service. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Hostgator for hosting your website, especially if you plan to have more than one, and if you’re on a tight budget (Hostgator is one of the few reliable services that accepts monthly payments).
We have secured a special discount on package price for our readers! Use the coupon code “HBHOtophosting” and it will instantly knock 25% off your purchase!
- Bluehost – is our second choice. Not because the service is any less excellent than with Hostgator, we just like our monthly installs. If you’re just starting out and you’re finding yourself lost in tech world, Bluehost is perfect for you. They offer 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Bluehost for you first website.
Content Management System
- WordPress – WordPress (WP) is the most popular blog publishing platform that has surpassed the blogging world and developed into a powerful website platform, too. It’s our #1 choice for content management system and it’s free!
Premium WordPress Themes
Although there are numerous free WordPress themes that can perfectly fit your needs, there are times where you want a specific feature or look you just can’t seem to find among the free ones. Here’s a list of our favorite providers of premium WP themes:
- Market Samurai – Certainly the best tool for keyword research, competitive analysis and website tracking available today. A must have for every serious marketer. You can learn more by reading our review of Market Samurai here.
- Free Keyword Research Tool
Easy Content Creation
- Contentaire – one of the best products to get you started or continued with content creation. It includes a complete set of tutorials, tools and templates which makes your writing easier, faster and better than ever before (blog posts, articles, short reports, ebooks, kindle books, book “blurbs”, video scripts, newsletters, solo emails, autoresponder series emails, press releases, sales letters, landing pages, advertisements, forum posts, social media posts and joint venture proposals).
- The Best Spinner – a very popular spinning software. You’re probably aware of the important role that unique web content is playing nowadays. We found The Best Spinner along with Unique Article Wizard below to produce the best results for us.
- Unique Article Wizard – we always recommend using unique content for your websites. If you feel challenged by that and can’t afford a quality outsourcing for it, then this software may be perfect for rewriting quality PLR. It helped a lot in our own beginning.
Images & Photos
- DepositPhotos – our ultimate source for premium images. They have a 7-day free trial that allows you to download 5 premium images/day for 7 days for free. In addition to that, as their free member you also get one free vector image every week.
- CreativeCommons Images – a place where you can get images for free, but there are some rules that apply. Make sure you read them on their website before using the images.
- Gimp – free image editing software. Although we use a costly Adobe Photoshop for editing our images, this a good free alternative that will also let you work with .psd (Photoshop) files.
List Building & Email Marketing
- AWeber – The very best autoresponder when it comes to email list building. And you probably heard it more than once that money is in the list. We use Aweber to build our email list and broadcast our newsletter. If you’re still finding your way around AWeber, make sure you read our guide AWeber Magic – 9 Easy Steps To Mastering AWeber
- OptinSkin – A handy tool to help you design and easily embed beautiful opt-in forms on your website. Did you notice our inviting opt-in form at the bottom of posts? It’s created with OptinSkin.
Earnings & Affiliate Networks
- Adsense – One of our favorite gems that allows you to place Google ads on your website. You get paid when your website visitor click on these ads.
Keeping Your Business Safe & Protected
- RoboForm – A neat software/browser add-on we use to manage all of our passwords and keep them safe. You only need to remember one password and RoboForm remembers the rest. This way you can easily and effectively avoid to use the same password over and over again and keep the hackers away.
More resources coming soon …