- Do You Enjoy Writing? It may sound simplistic but if you don’t like to write then blogging is probably not right for you. Sure, you can create video posts and you may do well. However the majority of successful blog posts are still print based and that requires a willingness and a desire to write.
- Are You Willing to Learn? There is an abundance to learn about your niche, about your readers and audience, and about blogging in general. It’s incredibly helpful if you’re not just willing to learn but actually excited to learn. It’s also useful to realize that learning is an ongoing process. You never run out of things to learn about blogging and about your niche because the world and the internet are ever evolving and changing.
- Do You Have Attention to Detail? In addition to being detail oriented with the information you present on your blog and the manner in which you present it, it’s also important to be capable of analyzing the data. Your blog analytics will provide you with an abundance of information on how to grow and improve your blog. However, if you are uninterested in paying attention to that data and using it to make changes, then either find a partner or contractor who is skilled in this area or consider another business model.
- Are You Self Motivated? Can you get up in the morning, make a list of the things you need to do and then actually work your way through that list? Can you set personal goals, strategize, and then take action to achieve them? Bloggers must be self-motivated because there’s no one sitting over you telling you that it’s time o blog.
- Are You A Risk Taker? There’s a significant amount of risk involved when you begin a blog. You have goals and expectations and there are decent odds that you’ll succeed. There are also decent odds that you won’t.
Trackback from your site.